Since 1900…the Iowa Power Farming Show
The first farm equipment show was held at the Des Moines Coliseum in 1900 and was held in conjunction with the Iowa Implement Dealers’ Association annual convention. In 1918, tractors were introduced to the show. The Coliseum was divided into 82 spaces and was decorated in a manner exceeding anything ever attempted in the state. The show had 43 brands of tractors and attracted 800 farmers and 200 dealers.
In 1955, the farm show moved to the newly completed Veterans Auditorium. The show added the Polk County Convention Center in 1994. In 2005, the Hy-Vee Hall was completed and the show occupied both the Vets Auditorium and Hy-Vee Hall. In 2006, the show expanded into the Wells Fargo Arena. In 2012, the show gained additional exhibit space with the renovation of the Veterans Auditorium and the addition of a third floor. The Veterans Auditorium was renamed after the renovation to the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center.
Thanks to our 2012 Iowa Exhibit Committee members, the Iowa Power Farming Show remains the premier ag event in the country.
The Iowa Power Farming Show is owned and managed by the Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealers Association, which represents over 400 agricultural and outdoor power equipment dealers throughout Iowa and Nebraska.